Psychological Science: A Senior Perspective by Emma Nystadius Posted on April 16th, 2015 by

Another of our fabulous Psychological Science student workers is graduating this year. While we’ll miss Emma’s daily presence in the department, we’re so excited for the world of opportunities that lay ahead for her. Here, Emma Nystadius ’15 shares her thoughts as she works through her last semester on campus.

Gustavus Grad Emma Nystadius

Emma Nystadius ’15

“The end of Fall Semester brought about seven glorious weeks to spend at home with family and friends. And while I thoroughly enjoyed days spent with Netflix and blankets, I was very excited to get back to Gustavus to start my final semester.

It is truly crazy how fast time as flown by here. Little freshman me would have never guessed I am where I am now, but I am so grateful for all the experiences here at Gustavus. I have been able to work with Habitat for Humanity which has been one of the best and most life changing experiences as well as Big Partner Little Partner among numerous other activities to fulfill the role of the “busy Gustie”. I have also gotten to travel abroad to Brazil and listen to many great speakers who have inspired me. All of these events, places, and people have brought me to my final semester as a senior. For now I have been able to remain composed but come that “100 days until graduation” announcement, I may have to shed a tear or two (or a billion).

After Gustavus I hope to attend Graduate School for Counseling Psychology (fingers crossed). I would love to pursue a career working with children and supporting them as they grow or working with a nonprofit organization. College is a crazy four years but I wouldn’t have wanted to spend them any other way.”